Answer Key/Teaching Note Account Registration and Subscription
Access to answer keys and teaching notes requires an annually paid subscription fee (access to the cases is free). Moreover, because of the sensitive nature of answer keys and teaching notes, all new users of these materials must first be vetted to make sure that they are teachers affiliated with an educational institution. New users should follow the directions under no. 3 below.
1. IF YOU ALREADY HAVE BEEN APPROVED FOR A PASSWORD ACCOUNT
If you already have an approved account, you do not need to re-register. You do however need to set up and pay for your subscription. To do this, go to http://www.nccsts.org/subscribe.php and, when prompted, log in with your username and password. The cost of an annual subscription is $25.00. Online credit card payments only are accepted; we do not accept purchase orders, checks, or cash. Please Note: Each individual teacher must have his or her own registered paid account. Also, we currently do not have institutional rates or accounts.
2. IF YOU ARE AN ADMINISTRATOR PAYING FOR SOMEONE WHO HAS AN APPROVED ACCOUNT
Go to http://www.nccsts.org/subscribe.php and log in with the teacher's username and password and follow the steps presented there. The cost of an annual subscription is $25.00. We only accept online credit card payments; we do not accept purchase orders, checks, or cash. Please Note: Each individual teacher must have his or her own registered paid account. Also, we currently do not have institutional rates or accounts.
3. IF YOU ARE A NEW USER
New users should refer to the information below and follow the steps as indicated to first be approved for an account, after which you will be guided through the subscription / payment process.
Account Registration and Approval
Before you pay for your subscription, we need to determine that you are an instructor affiliated with an educational institution. We verify your information on your school website's faculty directory. As part of the registration process, you will be asked to provide a website address (URL) for a specific web page (not a general school home page) that will help us to determine your eligibility. The school website must show: your name, your teaching position, and your institutional email address. We verify every application by comparing it to the website information. Make sure your email address matches the one on the website. You will not be approved without this information.
If you cannot provide a URL for a school web page that lists your name and institutional email address, then list the URL of your school's general website and provide verification by one of the following two methods: (1) A note on school letterhead with your name, position, and faculty email, which you can either fax to us at 716-645-2975, Attn. Carolyn Wright, or mail to Carolyn Wright, Dept. of Biological Sciences,109 Cooke Hall, University at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY 14260; or (2) have your department head/principal (department secretary) send an email message to email@example.com with your name, position, and faculty email address (Note: The person sending this email must provide the URL for a school website page showing their name, position, and school email address so that we can verify that they are a legitimate reference; if they cannot supply this, please follow option (1) above).
Please note: We do not accept commercial email addresses from providers like Gmail, Yahoo, AOL, Hotmail, Verizon.net, Comcast.net, etc., but require your email address at school, e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rules and Restrictions
Upon your acceptance as a registered account holder, you enter into an agreement with us that affords you certain privileges while conferring upon you certain responsibilities:
- Copyright for the case study materials on our website is held by the National Center for Case Study Teaching in Science. These materials must be used in conformance with our usage guidelines.
- Reproduction, reposting, or sharing of answer keys and teaching notes is strictly forbidden.
- Each registration/subscription is for a single user only; we do not permit sharing of passwords.
- We reserve the right to confirm the identity of anyone attempting to register for an account as well as to log and review activities on our site and other sites using/misusing our materials.
- If we reasonably believe that activities which compromise the confidentiality of our answer keys and teaching notes have occurred, we reserve the right to cancel your subscription without refund or notice and to block access to all users from that IP address.