Answer Key Account Registration
Before opening an account, we need to determine that you are an instructor affiliated with an educational institution. We verify your information on your school website's faculty directory. As part of the registration process, you will be asked to provide a website address (URL) for a specific web page (not a general school home page) that will help us to determine your eligibility. The school website must show: your name, your teaching position, and your institutional email address. We verify every application by comparing it to the website information. Make sure your email address matches the one on the website. You will not be approved without this information.
If you cannot provide a URL for a school web page that lists your name and institutional email address, then list the URL of your school's general website and provide verification by one of the following two methods: (1) A note on school letterhead with your name, position, and faculty email, which you can either fax to us at 716-645-2975, Attn. Carolyn Wright, or mail to Carolyn Wright, Dept. of Biological Sciences,109 Cooke Hall, University at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY 14260; or (2) have your department head/principal (department secretary) send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, position, and faculty email address (Note: The person sending this email must provide the URL for a school website page showing their name, position, and school email address so that we can verify that they are a legitimate reference; if they cannot supply this, please follow option (1) above).
Please note: We do not accept commercial email addresses from providers like Gmail, Yahoo, AOL, Hotmail, Verizon.net, Comcast.net, etc., but require your email address at school, e.g., email@example.com.
Rules & Restrictions
Upon your acceptance as a registered Answer Key account user, you enter into an agreement with us that affords you certain privileges while conferring upon you certain responsibilities:
- Copyright for the case study materials on our website is held by the National Center for Case Study Teaching in Science. These materials must be used in conformance with our usage guidelines.
- Reproduction, reposting, or sharing of answer keys (and teaching notes) is strictly forbidden.
- Each registration is for a single user only; we do not permit sharing of passwords.
- We reserve the right to confirm the identity of anyone attempting to register for an Answer Key account as well as to log and review activities on our site and other sites using/misusing our materials.
- If we reasonably believe that activities which compromise the confidentiality of our answer keys have occurred, we reserve the right to cancel access rights without notice and contact appropriate school administrators.