Other Case Collections
- Problem-Based Learning Clearinghouse, University of Delaware
Collection of problems and articles for teachers interested in using problem-based learning. Teaching notes and supplementary materials accompany each problem. Access to the collection is limited to educators, who must register; registration, however, is free.
- CASES Online, Emory University
Collection of inquiry-based lessons for K-12 and undergraduate students for exploring the science behind real-world problems.
- Enduring Legacies Native Cases, Evergreen State College
Collection of cases related to Native American issues including cases in biology, chemistry, economics, environmental studies, ethics, health, history, management, Native American studies, natural resources, political science, public administration, social work, sociology, and women’s studies.
- SHiPS Resource Center Case Collection
Collection of historical inquiry case studies for nature of science education.
- Case It!
NSF-sponsored project to promote collaborative case-based learning in biology. The project makes use of open-ended molecular biology computer simulations to analyze case studies involving primarily genetic and infectious diseases.
- Conservation Bridge Case Studies
Collection of video-based case studies on global conservation issues. Many of the cases have supporting documentation and questions.
- AACU Scientific Thinking and Integrative Reasoning Skills (STIRS) - Case Studies
A set of 16 peer-reviewed case studies about interdisciplinary topics that focus on developing students’ evidence-based reasoning skills. The cases span topics across biology, environmental science, public health, and the social sciences.
- The Secret in the Cellar: A Written in Bone Forensic Mystery from Colonial America
Online forensics case developed by the Smithsonian Institution's National Museum of Natural History.
- UCLA Statistics Case Studies
Brief case studies (with questions) from the Department of Statistics at UCLA.
- Engineering Case Studies, Rose Hulman/Carleton University
Collection of information on case studies in engineering including papers on how to write and how to teach using engineering cases. The site includes a catalog of over 250 cases maintained by the Center for Case Studies in Engineering at the Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology that provides abstracts for the cases. Ordering information for the actual cases is provided on the site. Online reviews are available for many of the cases.
- Ethics Cases, National Institute for Engineering Ethics
Collection of brief discussion cases in engineering ethics from the NSPE Board of Ethical Review.
- Engineering Ethics: Introducing Ethics Case Studies Into Required Undergraduate Engineering Courses
Set of detailed case histories in engineering ethics, including the collapse of the Kansas City Hyatt Regency walkways, written by Texas A&M faculty with funding from the National Science Foundation.
- Epidemiology Case Studies, Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
Collection of interactive cases developed to teach epidemiologic principles and practices. The cases are based on real-life outbreaks and public health problems and were developed in collaboration with the original investigators and experts from the CDC.
- Online Case Studies, Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh
Large collection of pathology case studies.
- EnviroDx - Clinical Cases in Environmental Medicine, University of Utah
Collection of computer-based cases on environmentally related diseases. The user of the cases is put in the role of a practicing physician faced with a patient with an unknown disease or condition that is possibly caused by exposure to environmental factors.
- Allergy Advisor.com’s Educational Review Case Studies
- Case Program, Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University
Repository of case studies designed for teaching about how government works and how public policy is made. The cases are intended to facilitate discussion-based, interactive learning about both policy issues and management strategies in the public and not-for-profit sectors. On the site, you can read descriptions of the Kennedy School’s almost 1500 cases as well as find guides to how to teach and learn by the case method.
- The Electronic Hallway, Daniel J. Evans School of Public Affairs, University of Washington
Collection of teaching cases, exercises, role plays, workshops, and curriculum planning resources for faculty focusing on public adminstration and public policy.
- Pew Case Study Center, Institute for the Study of Diplomacy, Georgetown University
The aim of the GUISD Case Study Center is to promote and distribute case studies among professional, graduate, and undergraduate schools of international affairs.
- Case Method Website & Collection, University of California, Santa Barbara
Collection of cases primarily in the area of international relations and political science.
- Harvard Business School Cases
Business case collection of over 7,500 cases.
- Richard Ivey School of Business, University of Western Ontario
Large collection of over 8,000 cases, most of which have teaching notes.
- Stanford Graduate School of Business Case List
Listing of cases (many of which have teaching notes) developed by the Stanford business school.
- Darden Case Collection, University of Virginia
Collection of over 1,000 cases. Abstracts are available and the collection can be searched by keyword. Cases can be ordered directly online.
ECCH is an independent, non-profit, membership-based organization dedicated to promoting the case method of learning. They maintain a large case collection of management case studies and journal article reprints.
Last Updated: May 27, 2016